How to: Use WorkOut 2.5 and WIZARD2Document ID: DQ289
Relevant to following products: WorkOut 2.5
Document description: How to: Use WorkOut 2.5 and WIZARD2
WorkOut 2.5 contains features to improve the integration of WorkOut and the WIZARD2. These features include:
- Automatic modification of the microplate layout based on the number of samples imported (AutoModifyMLOForImport registry option)
- Report options to include/exclude the Wells and Plates column in the main table of the report.
- Report option to include/exclude the microplate Layouts in the report.
- WIZARD2 import scripts added to installation.
Using WorkOut 2.5 and WIZARD2
When using WorkOut 2.5 with WIZARD2 WorkOut uses a microplate representation of the vial data. You can think of this as a virtual plate map which is built up of the racks read by the WIZARD2; each row in the virtual plate map corresponds to a physical rack of vials.
The virtual plate representation allows you to group the racks logically and define the sequence of your racks.
When designing your WorkOut protocol it is suggested that you first decide a virtual plate size to allow your Standards, Blanks, Controls to be together on the first plate and unknowns on subsequent plates.
For racks of 10 vials a virtual plate size of 10x4 is suggested. With this arrangement plates of 10x4 are added based on the number of vials measured. For example, if 5 racks are read there will be 2 virtual plates.
You can use different virtual plate representations as needed.
WIZARD2 assays may contain any number of samples, this means that the number of “virtual plates” required will be dependent on the number of samples measured. WorkOut can help here by automatically updating the microplate layout according to the number of samples measured. To setup WorkOut to behave in this way, the AutoModifyMLOForImport registry setting is required.
Setting up WorkOut 2.5
- If WorkOut 2.0 is already installed then see the document “Updating WorkOut 2.0 to WorkOut 2.5"
- To allow the number of plates used in the virtual microplate layouts to be automatically setup set the AutoModifyMLOForImport registry entry as described here.
DQ288: Where can I get WorkOut 2.5 from?
Where can I get WorkOut 2.5 from?
DQ290: How to: Automatically change the number of plates based on the imported data without user intervention?
How to: Automatically change the number of plates based on the imported data without user intervention?
DQ291: Application Example: WorkOut 2.5 WIZARD2 RIA Example
Application Example: WorkOut 2.5 WIZARD2 RIA Example
DQ292: How To: Create a new WorkOut 2.5 WIZARD2 protocol
How To: Create a new WorkOut 2.5 WIZARD2 protocol
DQ293: How To: Import Dual CPM with WIZARD2
How To: Import Dual CPM with WIZARD2