Online EnVision driverDocument ID: DQ263
Relevant to following products: WorkOut 2.0 WorkOut 2.5 Manta
Document description: Online EnVision driver
The online EnVision driver for WorkOut works enables instrument automation with WorkOut. Most typical EnVision measurements including endpoint and live kinetic plots are supported.
- Ensure the Wallac EnVision Manager software is installed. Note, the online driver cannot be used when the EnVision is running in Enhanced Security Mode.
- Ensure you are using WorkOut 2.0or WorkOut 2.5.
- Ensure WorkOut is not running.
- Download and unzip the EnVision driver files the files from here.
- Copy the files to the WorkOut installation directory (typically C:\Program Files\Dazdaq\WorkOut 2.0 or C:\Program Files\Dazdaq\WorkOut 2.5)
On Windows XP: Go to Start | Run type
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Dazdaq\Workout 2.5\envish.dll" and press Enter
On Windows 7: Go to Start type
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Dazdaq\Workout 2.5\envish.dll" and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter
- Launch WorkOut.
- Select File | Options | Drivers and select EnVision as the new driver.
Currently EnVision measurements cannot be setup from within WorkOut, you must first create them from within the EnVision manager software or use pre-defined EnVision protocols.
- From within the Wallac EnVision Manager create your EnVision User Protocols as normal. (The Plate section can be skipped as the microplate layout specified in the WorkOut protocol will override this)
- Create a WorkOut protocol as normal.
- On the Data Acquistion Step press Create… Here a list of the available EnVision Protocols is displayed. Select an existing EnVision Protocol to use in your WorkOut protocol.
Note, when creating a new EnVision Protocol in the Wallac EnVision Manager, the manager does not save the protocol until leaving the editor. A result of this is that the EnVision Protocol will not be visible to WorkOut until it has been fully saved. For example, if you create a new EnVision protocol and add a Measurement Operation to the first group this protocol is not visible to WorkOut until you leave the editor. One way to ensure that a new EnVision protocol is correctly saved in the Wallac EnVision Manager by selecting a different protocol in the Explorer tree. If you do this the EnVision protocol will appear in WorkOut's list of available EnVision Protocols (on the Data Acquistion Step press Create… ).
DQ002: Is it possible to convert a protocol that imports data (offline) to a measurement protocol (online)?
How To: Convert an offline protocol to online…
DQ012: What is the difference between offline and online modes?
Definition: Online and Offline
DQ079: How can I use WorkOut 2.5 with EnVision (offline)?
How To: Use WorkOut 2.5 to process measurements made with EnVision
DQ320: I'm using WorkOut with the EnVision driver but WorkOut displays: "The VICTOR server failed to start. Do you want to retry?"
I'm using WorkOut with the EnVision driver but WorkOut displays: "The VICTOR server failed to start. Do you want to retry?"